1. Krishnadeva Raya of the Tuluva dynasty was the most famous king of the Vijayanagar Empire
2. According to Domingo Paes a Portuguese traveller
3. “Krishnadeva Raya was the most feared and perfect king there could possibly be”.
He conquered Sivasamudram in 1510A.D and Raichur in 1512A.D
Orissa and Warangal in 1523 A.D.
His empire extended from
The river Krishna in the north to River Cauvery in the south
Arabian Sea in the west to Bay of Bengal in the east
An able administrator.
He constructed large tanks and canals for irrigation purposes.
He improved the naval power as he understood the importance of overseas trade.
He maintained friendly relationship with the Portuguese and Arab traders and increased the revenue of his government.
Krishnadeva Raya was a great scholar.
A group of eight scholars adorned his court. Allasani Peddanna, Nandi
Thimmana, Tenali Rama, Bhattu,Murthy, Puna Vira Bhadra,Dhurjathy, Mallana and Panaji ,Surana.
6. He was a patron of art and architecture.
7. The Vijaya nagar Empire reached its zenith of glory during Krishnadeva Raya’s period.